Time Capsule is a revolutionary backup appliance that can automatically back up everything on your Mac—wirelessly. It works with Time Machine in Mac OS X to give you constant, behind-the-scenes protection. Time Capsule is also a full-featured 802.11n Wi-Fi base station with simultaneous dual-band support. It lets you easily share your broadband Internet connection, printer, hard drive, and more. You can even set up a separate Wi-Fi network for your guests.
1 Compared to previous-generation MacBook Air.
2 Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Automatic wireless backup. Perfect with Time Machine in Mac OS X Leopard or later. Set it, then forget it. All the computers on your network can back up to Time Capsule. And new technologies in Time Capsule and refinements to Time Machine make backing up using Snow Leopard up to 60 percent faster than before.1
- Massive storage space. Choose from 2TB and 3TB models.
- Full-featured Wi-Fi base station. Set up a high-speed 802.11n Wi-Fi network with simultaneous dual-band support that offers up to five times the speed and twice the range of 802.11g.2
- Guest networking. Create a separate Wi-Fi network for your guests so that you don’t have to give them the password to your primary Wi-Fi network.
- USB port for shared printing and additional storage. Connect a printer or an external hard drive.